Skip to main content

My Skincare Routine

Image result for skincare
This week I thought I'd share my skincare routine with you all. I've been asked so many times what products I'd recommend and which ones I use myself. I've a very busy life so when it comes to skincare I need something low maintenance but effective. It's so important to take care of your skin especially if you have a hectic schedule, it's just a few minutes every day to do something just for you so you can look and feel good. I myself would have skin on the drier side so I tend to use a lot of moisturising products. As important as it is to take care of your skin on the outside, it's even more important to nourish it from the inside. This can mean different things for different people. For me it means drinking enough water, eating plenty of fruit and veg and getting enough sleep (especially when I have to be up early for a wedding!) I struggle to drink enough water as I just don't like the taste, so recently what I have started to do is add in lemon or a small amount of lime cordial and that does the trick for me. Im going to share a few of my favourite and most effective skincare products and why and when I apply them.

I use the Clarins 'Pure Melt Cleansing Gel' every single day, it's a product I definitely couldn't do without! It removes every single bit of makeup and is so gentle on the skin so theres no need to scrub or be rough with your face in any way. It also feels lovely on the skin, I use a small amount of the gel and rub it with my fingers for a moment before applying it to my face. It's lovely and warm and the gel just melts in to your face, then you gently remove it with warm water and all traces of makeup and any impurities are washed away immediately. There's marula oil in the gel which ensures that you're skin isn't left dry afterwards. Such a handy product, I use it every night and just couldn't do without! You can get it in Boots, Brown Thomas and most pharmacies for around 23.  after my face is nice and clean I apply the Clarins extra comfort toning lotion, great for dry skin and gives the skin a firm feel.
Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion - Clarins

I then use the Clarins 'Double Serum' This product really makes the skin look radiant and bright. It also has many anti-ageing properties. It smooths and firms the skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines. You only use a small amount of product so the bottle lasts a long time. After that I use a pea-sized amount of the Clarins eye cream which minimises puffiness and reduces the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. It's a creamy gel texture which feels great.
Image result for clarins double serum Related image


Right before bed and after the double serum and eye cream, I apply the Clarins 'Multi-Active Nuit'. This is a night cream for dry skin. Since I started using this I have seen huge improvements in my skin. It contains golden poppy extract which revitalises and protects your skin and reduces the signs of lack of sleep! You apply a small amount after you're face is cleansed and leave it on for the night. It feels great on the skin and is fantastic if you have a lot of early mornings or late nights. 
Image result for clarins multi active nuit
Once a week I use a Chanel hydrating mask (usually on a Sunday when I have a bit more time) It's a gorgeous mask that just makes your skin so soft and hydrated, very relaxing too. Feels great on the face and I definitely notice my skin is much more radiant afterwards.

Image result for chanel hydrating mask


During the day I use Elizabeth Arden Day Cream which has SPF 30 so I'm protected for the whole day. It's a firming, brightening a moisturising cream which just feels great on the face all day long. Feels great under makeup as well. It's award winning and I think once you use it you can definitely see why!
Image result for Elizabeth arden day cream

With those products, I find that my skin feels softer and brighter and my makeup sits better on my face. My skincare routine is definitely focused on hydration and radiance. In winter it's especially important to look after your skin that bit more, whether that means drinking enough water or taking supplements or just doing a face mask on a Sunday. It's all about taking a little time for yourself and finding out what works best for your skin and lifestyle. I hope you found this post useful! Thank you for reading.
Love, Jenny x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booking your wedding reception venue

So you are engaged and its time to check out some wedding venues to have your reception at. My own advice is to go along to any wedding exhibitions that venues may have scheduled. Get to see the reception room decorated for a wedding, then whittle your final selection down to about 3 venues. While some venues may appeal to you both there are some points that you may not have thought about. Your photographs are all you have left to remember your special day so here are some tips to consider when booking your venue. Does the venue have any locations outside for photographs?  I very often come across wedding venues with little or no outdoor locations for photographs. If this is the case, I always recommend to my couples that they pick a location either near to the church or to the wedding venue for bridal party/family & their couple shots.  A location that means something to the couple can be a lovely idea. Speaking to your photographer in advance of your wedding day about locat

Christmas Gift Ideas

Christmas is fast approaching and it can be hard to pick the perfect   gift, so this week I thought I'd share a few of my favourite products from this year that would make a great gift for the special people in your life. Enjoy! Xx 1) Chupi I've mentioned Chupi before in a previous post about bridesmaids gifts and I have to say I just love the jewellery from her. It is so stunning and makes for the perfect gift, every piece is so special and the packaging is just gorgeous. The special treat for Mums, sisters and partners. Couldn't recommend enough. 2) Nima Nima is an Irish company that sell gorgeous makeup brushes. They sell sets of brushes that are seriously good value and would make a fantastic gift for the makeup lover in your life. The brushes are so high quality and feel amazing on the skin. Their "Build it up" eye set is award winning and I can personally recommend that set myself. They have some great offers on for Christmas

Wedding Hairstyles

Whichever hairstyle you opt for on your big day, the most important thing is to make sure you'll feel comfortable with your hair all day long. So if you usually wear your hair down and feel uncomfortable wearing it up, your wedding day is not the day to experiment! No matter how stunning your hair is when its done if you're not comfortable it's no good to you. I would suggest you do what feels natural to you and also think about what will last throughout the day. You should definitely have a trial or two leading up to the big day this way you will leave nothing to chance. I'm going to share some bridal and bridesmaids hairstyles that I think you'll love. A soft  wave is always popular and looks so elegant. However, if you're hair doesn't hold a curl that well, some hair stylists will advise clip in hair pieces. These hold a curl no problem and will fix onto your hair without anyone noticing. You could also add a diamond pin or a flower pin to enhance you